MADISON, Wis. - The Dane Arts Buy Local market only happens once a year and that once is this Friday and Saturday. So while there are a lot of important issues facing our community right now, we consider this important and deserving of our attention and yours.
The market features 23 Dane County artists whose work will be on exhibit at Yahara Bay Distillers on Nesbitt Road in Fitchburg. It’s a collaboration between the local arts and business communities to connect the two and grow the local creative economy. It supports local artists and recognizes the importance of visual arts as an essential facet of society.
Dane Arts makes it happen, and we’re appreciative to Director Mark Fraire, and we appreciate further Promega’s partnership in developing the local creative economy. And for the first time this year every twenty-five dollars spent on art givers buyers a chance to enter a drawing for a custom-designed e-bike. Join us in supporting local artists this weekend.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Man accused of using Porsche as battering ram
- West Allis police ask for help finding missing mother, daughter
- Teenager steals unlocked vehicle from driveway, police say
- Police: DNA from shooting scene leads to Madison man's attempted-homicide arrest
- Madison woman saved with Narcan while being booked into Dane County Jail
- UW-Madison researchers designing smart toilet to collect health data