MADISON, Wis. - This weekend is the annual Recycle the Warmth Blanket Drive and it is an event near and dear to our hearts.
News 3 partners with Shopko stores, Mid-West Family Broadcasting radio stations and dozens of area churches to support St. Vincent de Paul’s collection of good-quality recycled and new bedding for year-round distribution to hundreds of needy people in Madison and surrounding communities. This is literally about giving some warmth and comfort to folks who need both.
The St. Vincent de Paul website has a list of all the churches taking donations this weekend, as well as the three Shopko store sites. There’s also a place to donate money to buy new stuff – 13 bucks buys a new blanket.
Think about it: Hundreds of people come to St. Vinny’s throughout the year and they don’t even have a blanket to sleep on. Help us recycle some warmth this weekend.
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County
- Sheriff: Person found dead in home after structure fire
- Police collect former head of Democratic Party's DNA in overdose death investigation
- Woman charged in 3 infant deaths from the '80s, says she 'can't take kids that constantly cry'
- Sun Prairie High wants to end 'demeaning' student ranking tradition
- Janesville man admits to setting his own home on fire