MADISON, Wis. - We’re just a month away from taking stock of a year of generous gifts the Madison Community Foundation is making in celebration of its 75th anniversary and cumulatively the impact is and will be significant.
But this week’s announcement of the next to last grant is a lovely example of the depth of MCF’s reach into our community over three-quarters of a century.
Year of Giving grant No. 11 commits $70,000 to support the revitalization of Penn Park on Madison’s south side, a lynchpin of the neighborhoods along Park Street for many decades.
The grant will fund both new equipment for and uses of the park that will emphasize the importance of Penn Park as a gathering place that is welcoming and user-friendly. Kind of like the Madison Community Foundation now that we think of it, and equally inclusive. We love this gift.
Editorial: School safety over politics
Editorial: A 'Wexford Kid' gives back to her neighborhood
- UW students to install solar panels in Puerto Rico
- Man leads police on high-speed chase, injures 4 in hit-and-run crash
- Officials looking for trio in Wisconsin Lottery ticket robbery
- Milwaukee man dies in car crash, fire after shot fired
- Man arrested after grabbing woman's buttocks at bar, police say
- Milwaukee man shot, wounded during attempted robbery