MADISON, Wis. - This is giving season, as most of you know by responding to annual appeals from the United Way, Community Shares and more. The "more," of course, includes one of our favorite campaigns Partners in Giving, the State, UW and UW Health Combined Campaign, supporting over 520 charities.
They're all important, of course, but we are always struck by the generosity of state employees who, despite unfairly targeted limits on wages and benefits and politically motivated rhetoric that creates a misleading image of state employment, still step up year in and year out. Last year, more than 6,500 current and retired state workers donated more than $2.5 million. What a difference that makes in their communities and in our communities.
This year, Partners in Giving celebrates 45 years of making a difference, and we thank them for what they do, on the job and by volunteering and giving back.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Editorial Agenda 2019: American Family and Milwaukee
Editorial Agenda 2019: Earth Day 2019
- Inmate at Oxford federal prison charged with possessing weapon
- State senator wants lottery windfall dedicated to improve local roads
- Madison man faces 20 years in federal prison after robbing bank
- Team of graduate students at UW-Madison cited in Mueller report
- Dispatch: 4 fire departments respond to report of house fire in Cottage Grove
- Judge gives maximum sentence to final man convicted in murder of 5-year-old Beloit boy