MADISON, Wis. - We’d like to take a minute to celebrate one of our own in large part because the honor bestowed upon her is a reflection of our company’s commitment to the communities we serve in South Central Wisconsin.
This week, Elizabeth Murphy Burns, the owner and CEO of Morgan Murphy Media, was honored as a Giant of Broadcasting by the International Radio and Television Society. It is a prestigious award with illustrious fellow honorees. All have made significant contributions to the broadcasting industry.
But Liz Burns was recognized for both her national leadership in broadcasting as well as her commitment to local broadcasting and the unique relationship local broadcasters have with the communities they serve.
It is because of Burns we do these editorials, as well as projects like Time for Kids, Top Notch Teachers, Community Baby Shower, Apostolate to the Handicapped and more. We’re proud of Burns' recognition. We’re more proud to work for her.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Homicide victim in Beaver Dam was Illinois county state attorney
- Blanchardville man dies after losing control of ATV
- Madison man arrested for 4th OWI with two minors in vehicle
- Badger women's hockey wins their fifth national championship
- Dane County aims to create trust fund to manage money for zoo
- Beaver Dam police identify victim, suspect in homicide investigation