MADISON, Wis. - This year’s Madison Magazine M List features arts innovators in Madison, and one of the contributors to the list was Dane Arts Director Mark Fraire, who is producing the innovative-in-its-own-right Dane Arts Buy Local Market later this week.
Friday and Saturday, 28 artists selected from a list of 70 who submitted applications, and two nonprofits serving artists with disabilities, will exhibit their works at Yahara Bay Distillers in Fitchburg. The art is also being exhibited currently at Madison College’s Truax Gallery.
The Market is a well-deserved recognition of local artists and the contributions they make to our local economy and quality of life. Selection to the Market also includes the opportunity to partake in professional development workshops led by ArtWrite Collective and the Arts + Literature Laboratory.
Dane Arts is a local gem, and the Buy Local Market is one of the best things it does. Support local artists and enjoy the Market.
Editorial: Help shape the future now
Editorial: Science is cool
- Suspicious man near Janesville elementary school turns out to be concerned parent
- Walker proposes increases in funding for town roads
- Man faces reckless homicide charge in suspected heroin, fentanyl-related death
- 2018 trick or treating hours
- Incense stick stuck in roll of toilet paper causes bathroom fire, officials say
- Police seeking Middleton credit union robbers