MADISON, Wis. - We’ve been waiting for this day for weeks, ever since the Madison Community Foundation helped make it happen with a Year of Giving gift, and Saturday is the day to donate your bike to a kid who needs one.
A new nonprofit called Free Bikes 4 Kidz Madison is collecting gently used bikes this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at all seven SSM Health Dean Medical Group locations including the regional office on the West Beltline.
Volunteers will clean and refurbish the bikes making sure they are safe and then give them away through area community organizations. The goal is to give bikes to 1,000 area youth later this spring in keeping with Free Bikes 4 Kidz belief that every kid who wants a bike can have a bike.
You can find more information at fb4kmadison.org. You know you’re not riding that bike in the garage. Some kid would love to have it. Saturday’s your chance.
- Flames seen shooting from window caused by resident cutting up box spring, officials say
- Wisconsin fracking sand producers see competition from Texas
- Suspected serial killer tied to 9 deaths arrested in Arizona
- Shoplifter pulls knife on grocery store workers, police say
- 52-year-old Rock County woman found dead outside in cold, officials say
- Teen's iPhone X stolen at gas station, officials say