MADISON, Wis. - Dane County nonprofit organizations need board members. Local business leaders want to get involved at the board level but many don’t know how. Kevin Dwyer, CEO of WhereIsCare.org, came up with the idea of connecting the two for an NFL-style draft, and the first Nonprofit Draft Day is this Saturday.
First of all, this is neat idea. Nonprofits list capacity building and board leadership as important needs. This community has a plethora of smart, committed leaders looking for the right fit to make a difference.
So Saturday, at Edgewood College’s Predolin Hall, more than 30 nonprofits will select more than 60 “free agents” to fill their board vacancies. But here’s the deal: Nonprofits wishing to participate must register by the end of the day Wednesday. Free agents can register up until Saturday.
It should be fun. More important, it will bolster our critical nonprofits with talented and skilled leaders. Find out more at www.nonprofitdraftday.org.
- Three injured in one-vehicle crash, officials say
- Officials responding to explosion in Middleton
- Pocan offers job to former FBI deputy
- Local student in custody after sending Snapchat threat, officials say
- Shots fired at Madison man attempting to enter home, officials say
- Wisconsin man convicted in death of 2-month-old son