JANESVILLE, Wis. - A man was injured after being shot in his face Wednesday night at a credit union in Janesville, police said.
Rock County dispatch said it received a call at 9:38 p.m. for a report of a gunshot wound at Blackhawk Community Credit Union on 1545 Center Avenue.
Janesville Police say a 48-year-old man was at an ATM when he noticed a silver van approach him. The man saw his estranged wife inside the van before hearing a gunshot and realizing he had been shot.
One man is recovering this morning after a shooting outside Janesville's Blackhawk Community Credit Union overnight. Police aren't releasing his name or any suspect information right now, but we're told the public isn't in any danger. #News3NowThisMorning @WISCTV_News3 pic.twitter.com/5jnfTyinSa— Christina Lorey (@ChristinaLorey) October 17, 2019
He ran across the street to the Casey's convenience store, where he was able to call for help. He was treated for non-life threatening injuries at Mercy Hospital and released overnight.
At 6 a.m. Thursday, Janesville Police learned that the suspect had been arrested in Sauk County.
Additional information on the incident will be released later Thursday.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- How to afford holiday shopping season, avoid January blues
- Police looking for man who robbed Associated Bank in Fitchburg
- Much colder weather for a couple of days, followed by some light snow chances
- Lake Geneva thieves pose as contractors, officials say
- Closing of 2 Roman Candle Pizzeria locations is example of Madison's unemployment issues
- 'This is their store': SASY Neighborhood fundraiser to support Jenifer Street Market