MADISON, Wis. - One person is dead following a car vs. pedestrian crash in Madison Thursday night, officials said.
According to the incident report, units were sent to East Washington Avenue and North Baldwin Street at 7:32 p.m. in response to a report of a motor vehicle vs. pedestrian crash.
Official said the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office was requested to help at the scene for a fatality.
Police said westbound traffic on East Washington Avenue at Baldwin Avenue has since been shut down.
Officers have asked the public to avoid the area, as officers are still investigating the scene.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Madison Finance Committee approves program to offset cost of wheel tax for people on food stamps
- ‘I'm blessed': Marlon Anderson happy to have job back, but says fight isn't over
- How Corey Pompey became UW-Madison's new band director
- Portage man arrested in Dane County on suspicion of 6th OWI for drugged driving
- First-ever virtual reality class taught at Madison College
- Police: Man arrested for involvement in Thursday night shooting; man treated for gun shot wound