One person is dead following a two-vehicle crash in the town of Cross Plains, officials said.
Dane County deputies, along with first responders from Mount Horeb, were called out to County Road J at Valley Spring Road around 10:10 p.m. on Thursday.
A preliminary investigation indicates a 16-year-old girl from Mount Horeb was westbound on County Road J. She was driving a 2011 Subaru Legacy when police say it crossed the center line and struck a 2008 Saturn Vue headed east. A 55-year-old man from Cross Plains was driving the Saturn.
Police said the teenager was wearing her seat belt and is expected to be OK. The male driver was not wearing a seat belt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Airbags in both vehicles deployed as a result of the crash.
County Road J was shut down for nearly four hours as deputies investigated the crash scene.
The names of those involved have not been released at this time.
Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates do last-minute campaigning before primary
State Highway 92 back open after car crash
- Wisconsin Supreme Court candidates do last-minute campaigning before primary
- State Highway 92 back open after car crash
- MPD: Pedestrian in stable condition after crash on Stoughton Road
- Freezing rain, ice storm possible starting Sunday night
- Appleton man arrested after threatening to 'shoot up the school'
- Possibly icy days ahead