One person is dead following a two-vehicle crash in the town of Cross Plains, officials said.
Dane County deputies, along with first responders from Mount Horeb, were called out to County Road J at Valley Spring Road around 10:10 p.m. on Thursday.
A preliminary investigation indicates a 16-year-old girl from Mount Horeb was westbound on County Road J. She was driving a 2011 Subaru Legacy when police say it crossed the center line and struck a 2008 Saturn Vue headed east. A 55-year-old man from Cross Plains was driving the Saturn.
Police said the teenager was wearing her seat belt and is expected to be OK. The male driver was not wearing a seat belt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Airbags in both vehicles deployed as a result of the crash.
County Road J was shut down for nearly four hours as deputies investigated the crash scene.
The names of those involved have not been released at this time.
- Town of Beloit police look for man who beat, strangled woman, officials say
- 'Pure vengeance': 'Disgruntled' former DeForest police intern explains why he posted video of chief
- Food cart destroyed in fire on Madison's south side, officials say
- Traffic heightens, business increases as downtown Sun Prairie fences removed
- Janesville police ask public's help in identifying sexual assault suspect
- Evacuees return home, to work after contractor hits gas line in Reedsburg