TOWN OF TROY, Wis. - One person was killed and two were injured in a head-on collision between two vehicles in the Township of Troy on Friday.
In a statement, the Sauk County Sheriff's Office said that a Toyota Rav 4 was headed eastbound on Highway 60 west of Fox Road when it crossed the center line and collided with a Ford Focus.
The Sauk County Coroner's Office pronounced the driver of the Toyota Rav 4,Timothy Rodgers, dead at the scene. The occupants of the Ford Focus, driver Bruce Meyer and passenger Sheryl Meyer were taken to Sauk Prairie Hospital.
The accident was reported to the Sauk County Communications Center at 10:40 a.m.
After the crash, Highway 60 between County Road B and County Road C was closed for more than two hours.
The crash is under investigation by the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Harlem Renaissance quiz
Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night
- Multiple agencies respond to fire at Briess Industries in Waterloo Thursday night
- Parent writes 'gun' on cardboard, gets into Madison classroom
- Evansville High School cancels classes Friday due to gas leak
- Madison Board of Education president: 'Parents have a right to be worried. I'm worried.'
- UW Health opens state's only lupus clinic
- Immigration rights activists protest bill at state Capitol