RICHLAND, Wis. - One person was injured in a multi-car crash on Highway 80 at McDougal Lane Monday morning, according to a news release.
Police said three vehicles were stopped for a school bus in the process of picking up students when a semitruck, driven by 32-year-old Gary W. Olson approached the area. According to the release, Olson said he did not see the flashing red lights on the bus because of dense fog.
According to the release, as Olson approached the area, he tried steering the semi into the gravel on the side of the road, but that caused the semi's trailer to slide sideways and collide with the rear of a car operated by 81-year-old Everett Crine. The impact pushed Crine's car forward, causing it to hit the vehicle operated by 48-year-old Barbara Olson. Crine's vehicle continued moving forward, and it hit the vehicle operated by Kristin Kauffman.
The release said both Barbara Olson's and Crine's vehicles had extreme damage and were towed from the scene. Everett Crine suffered injuries and was transported to the Richland Hospital. He was later transferred to a La Crosse hospital. His condition is unknown at this time.
Police said the school bus was not directly involved in the crash and none of the students on board were injured.
Gary Olson was cited for driving too fast for conditions and for failure to wear a seat belt, according to police.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Clouds made a difference in today's temperatures
- Trial to resolve Feb. Beloit homicide likely will reach deliberation tomorrow
- UW-Madison professor known for toxic lab that led to student's suicide returning to campus next year
- Capital City Trail reopens after multiyear restorations, bridge replacement
- Gov. Evers orders flags to half-staff for Wisconsin World War II soldier's burial
- Kemps and Roundy's donate 28,000 servings of milk to Second Harvest Foodbank