SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Two men were killed Friday afternoon in an airplane crash in a field near the Sheboygan County Memorial Airport.
The Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office said the small, single-engine plane went down at N6217 Willow Road in Sheboygan Falls at 12:30 p.m.
The victims have been identified as 67-year-old Dennis D. Hall, of McHenry, Illinois, and 19-year-old Philip J. Smecko, of Janesville, according to the Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said the cause of the crash is still unknown. Sheriff's officials said the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating with the sheriff's department.
- Plane that led Normandy invasion discovered, restored
- Man falls through thin ice off shores of Brittingham Park, officials say
- Fitchburg police investigate shots fired, armed robbery
- OnStar helps police track down 14-year-old car thief, police say
- Drunk driver hits squad car, causes extensive damage, police say
- Teens shoot pellet gun out of car window, damage home