SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Two men were killed Friday afternoon in an airplane crash in a field near the Sheboygan County Memorial Airport.
The Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office said the small, single-engine plane went down at N6217 Willow Road in Sheboygan Falls at 12:30 p.m.
The victims have been identified as 67-year-old Dennis D. Hall, of McHenry, Illinois, and 19-year-old Philip J. Smecko, of Janesville, according to the Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office.
Officials said the cause of the crash is still unknown. Sheriff's officials said the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board are investigating with the sheriff's department.
Pinwheels for Prevention highlights child abuse, neglect in Rock County
Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- Pinwheels for Prevention highlights child abuse, neglect in Rock County
- Winona man sentenced in 3-year-old daughter's death
- 'How can we make our schools safer?': Madison principal reacts to school safety grant program
- Escaped prison inmate captured in Green Bay
- TV reporter charged in ballpark punch no longer at station
- DNR approves pulling Lake Michigan water for Foxconn plant