MADISON, Wis. - The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the pedestrian killed in Monday night's vehicle crash on Highway 12/18.
According to a news release Thursday, the victim was Susan E. Johnson, 35, of Madison. Johnson was found dead at the scene, and an autopsy completed Wednesday concluded that she died of injuries related to the crash.
The crash happened near U.S. Highway 12/18 and Millpond Road.
While investigating the crash, police arrested 37-year-old Shuan T. Jones on tentative charges of Knowingly Operating While Revoked Causing Death, Ignition Interlock Device Tampering, Failure to Install and Resisting/Obstructing an Officer.
Court records show Jones had three prior violations for Operating While Revoked after losing his license and being ordered to install an Ignition Interlock Device on April 10th, 2015, following his third DUI.
Jones was released on a signature bond Wednesday.
Additional testing is underway, and an investigation is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Common council prepares to vote on Madison budget, discusses public safety amendments
Reedsburg city officials approve ordinance that bans vaping in public places
- Reedsburg city officials approve ordinance that bans vaping in public places
- UnityPoint Health no longer planning to merge with Sanford Health
- Trial underway for one of three men accused of killing 20-year-old in Fitchburg
- Assembly declares evergreen is Christmas tree
- Homeowner frustrated that man who burglarized his home continues to be let out of jail
- Assembly recognizes National Bible Week, drawing criticism from Freedom From Religion Foundation