MADISON, Wis. - Officials have identified the man who died after falling at a Madison construction site last week.
The Dane County Medical Examiner said 24-year-old Alexander J. Kanouse, of Columbus, died shortly after arriving at the hospital Wednesday morning.
The fall happened at 8:15 a.m. Wednesday at a residential building on Di Loreto Avenue. When police arrived, they found the worker barely breathing with multiple injuries, including a head wound that was bleeding profusely.
Officials said there were no witnesses to describe where he fell from or whether he hit any structures, equipment or objects before reaching the ground.
This death remains under investigation by Madison police, OSHA and the Dane County Medical Examiner's Office.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Thunderstorms, heavy rainfall expected in southern Wisconsin Friday night
71-year-old woman dies in hospital from injuries in Dodge County crash
- 71-year-old woman dies in hospital from injuries in Dodge County crash
- Police: Intoxicated man drives into tree during 2nd OWI offense
- Ice Cube's Big3 basketball league to compete at Fiserv Forum
- Lodi looks for new police recruits after losing half its department
- ‘A major impact on us all': Services honor Major General Raymond Matera, former adjutant general
- Madison ranked No. 1 city for jobs, social life, affordable living after college graduation