MEDFORD, Wis. - A man facing felony charges in a fatal Taylor County crash has pleaded not guilty.
A judge on Thursday ordered Gerald Baker to stand trial after the 21-year-old Dorchester man waived his preliminary hearing. Prosecutors say 24-year-old Ben Gosar was killed when Baker flipped his truck into a ditch in the Town of Greenwood last July. Gosar had been sleeping in the bed of the truck.
A criminal complaint says Baker acknowledged he had been drinking, but didn't know Gosar was in the back of the truck. WAOW-TV says Baker entered the pleas to homicide by negligent operation of a vehicle and two other felonies.
- Man arrested for pointing gun during drug deal, officials say
- Henry Vilas Zoo announces polar bear departure
- Local businesses suffering as Monroe Street construction begins
- Driver disregards deputy, causes high-speed secondary crash, officials say
- Veterans bring first-hand experience to Kenosha students
- 1 dead in head-on collision Saturday morning, officials say