MADISON, Wis. - A community center serving Madison's northside is celebrating 20 years of service Friday.
A full day of events is being held at the Warner Park Community Recreation Center, starting with a pancake breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m.
The center will provide free activities and drop-in classes throughout the day. You can find a list of all the options by clicking on this link.
The theme for the day is "Party Like It's 1999."
A "Family Fun Night" event is also on the agenda. The event starts with a special presentation from Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway and other city leaders.
The Warner Park Community Recreation Center works to build community and create a safe space where kids and teens can gather. The center offers a variety of recreational, educational, and cultural programs for the area. It also includes a gymnasium, exercise area, game room, art studio, meeting rooms and a community gathering space.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- PFC names Wahl official acting chief as search for permanent replacement begins
- Texas man suspected of killing girlfriend, infant daughter who moved from Wisconsin to be with him
- Schoep's Ice Cream Co. files for receivership
- City leaders address pedestrian safety on the isthmus
- Darlington police chief who was forgotten for the last 86 years to be honored for line-of-duty death
- Sun Prairie cutting down voter wait time by doubling up on polling places