MADISON, Wis. - Seemingly nothing can stand in Wisconsin's way right now.
In the fifth and final game of the Badgers' long homestand, No. 8 Wisconsin (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) isn't struggling at all with a 4-2 Michigan State team. The Badgers lead the Spartans 17-0 at the half behind an excellent first half from Jack Coan and another rushing touchdown from Heisman contender Jonathan Taylor.
Coan completed 12 of 14 passes for 120 yards and threw a touchdown pass to Quintez Cephus.
But it's the Badgers' defense shining again, in search of its fourth shutout of the season and second in a row. Wisconsin blew out Kent State 48-0 last week at Camp Randall, which followed season-opening shutouts against South Florida and Central Michigan.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Madison School District notifies parents about possible referenda questions for next year's ballot
- Beaver Dam police looking for people who shot out multiple windows in parking lot with BB guns
- Green Cab goes ‘greener': Company flips switch to all-electric Teslas
- Stoughton Area School District celebrates $150K gift from local company for stadium upgrades
- Madison police searching for thieves involved in stealing credit cards from area health clubs
- Judge rules against Madison Rastafarian church founders in eviction case