MADISON, Wis. - A new axe throwing range opened this weekend.
Guests at the Happy Axe on Madison's west side can reserve lanes in advance to learn and perfect their axe throwing technique.
Staff at the venue said there's no experience like throwing an axe for the first time.
"It's definitely nice to have people come out and try something new. It's definitely something I've fallen in love with over the past 10 months. For a lot of people, their eyes light up when the axe hits the board and they're all excited," Johnny Lee, the owner of Happy Axe, said. in an interview.
The venue has safety measures in place to make sure everybody can enjoy the experience.
- 1 dead, 3 wounded in Kenosha County shooting
- Fitchburg police look for 2 men who stole money, cigarettes from gas station
- Local smoke shop, health expert talk possible FDA changes to vaping, menthol cigarettes
- VA nurse anesthetist pleads guilty to stealing fentanyl for personal use
- Sheriff: High-speed chase leads deputies through Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois
- Baraboo holds community forum to brainstorm path forward after viral photo