MADISON, Wis. - A new axe throwing range opened this weekend.
Guests at the Happy Axe on Madison's west side can reserve lanes in advance to learn and perfect their axe throwing technique.
Staff at the venue said there's no experience like throwing an axe for the first time.
"It's definitely nice to have people come out and try something new. It's definitely something I've fallen in love with over the past 10 months. For a lot of people, their eyes light up when the axe hits the board and they're all excited," Johnny Lee, the owner of Happy Axe, said. in an interview.
The venue has safety measures in place to make sure everybody can enjoy the experience.
'Everybody deserves an opportunity': Job center opens inside state prison
Bed-wetting drunken intruder found partially clothed in stranger's home, police say
- Bed-wetting drunken intruder found partially clothed in stranger's home, police say
- East Madison vehicles damaged by BB gun pellets
- Police: Man steals delivery driver's car, crashes it
- Police detain 7 juveniles after bus disturbance escalates into West Towne Mall brawl
- Editorial: Help with cooking for the Thanksgiving Basket Drive
- Lifesaving pet oxygen masks donated to Janesville Fire