MADISON, Wis. - There’s a new app that lets you compare prices at local grocery stores in real time.
The app is called Cooklist and it matches items on a user’s shopping list to products available at multiple local grocery stores to show price and availability in real time for comparison.
The app is also rolling out a Thanksgiving plan tool that helps plan Thanksgiving dinner in a minute, compare real time prices, and send an order for curbside pickup.
Walmart, Target, Pick 'N Save, and Metro Market are all available local grocers for price comparison and ordering through Cooklist.
Cooklist has a premium version that unlocks the ability to order online and this month they are donating all the proceeds to buy Thanksgiving dinners for families in need.
The co-founders of Cooklist say that in the past 30 days over 2,000 people have downloaded the app and matched over $100,000 worth of groceries for comparison.
We hope to keep this conversation going about prices in Madison. News 3 Now wants to know what kind of affordability questions you have, or what you're experiencing. Let Josh Spreiter know by emailing him or reaching out to him on his Facebook page.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Madison home struck with BBs multiple times; victim believes family member targeted
Madison police looking for people who crashed stolen SUV
- Madison police looking for people who crashed stolen SUV
- Rock 'n' roll concert raises about $80,000 for epilepsy research, respite care
- UW regents approve 2% pay raises for chancellors
- 3 Madison residents charged with related gun crimes
- Search continues for Beloit teenager gone missing in November - police have no confirmed sightings
- Granddaughter of murder victim raises money to help other families of crime victims