MADISON, Wis. - Two streets on Madison's near west side will be closed for several weeks beginning Monday.
City engineering officials said University Avenue will be closed at Grand Avenue May 15-26 while crews install new storm sewers, water mains, curbs and gutters and pavement on Grand Avenue. Local traffic will still be allowed through the area.
Also Monday, crews will close South Breese Terrace between Regent and Monroe streets as crews install underground utilities. The closure is scheduled to last approximately three weeks, officials said.
The Southwest Commuter Path will remain open during the closure.
- Police: 19-year-old woman robbed at gunpoint in parking lot
- Social media lights up after meteor passes through the Midwest
- Consumer Reports: Veggies that are more healthy cooked than raw
- Motion to override Taco Bell liquor license veto fails
- Former Dane County deputy charged with stealing funds from union, court records show
- Memo says Foxconn cost to taxpayers could near $4.5 billion