MADISON, Wis. - All northbound lanes of North Sherman Avenue were closed Friday morning due to a water main break, Madison Water Utility officials said.
MWU crews responded to the large main break around 6:50 a.m. on Sherman Avenue two blocks north of Aberg Avenue, according to a release.
Officials said crews isolated the break just before 9 a.m., but it could take at least 4-6 hours until the northbound lanes of North Sherman Avenue are reopened to traffic.
Homes and businesses in the 1500 block of North Sherman Avenue will not have water until the main is repaired, according to a release.
According to the release, Sherman Middle School and Shabazz High School do have water.
4 vehicles involved in fatal crash, officials say
Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- 4 vehicles involved in fatal crash, officials say
- Multiple fire departments responding to structure fire in Springdale
- Doctors see more flu cases as Wisconsin experiences severe outbreak
- Gander Mountain Janesville will re-open Saturday
- Verona High School honors former student with scholarship
- Radioactive isotope used to detect the spread of cancer will soon be manufactured in Janesville