LACONIA, New Hampshire - Patriots safety Patrick Chung has been indicted on a charge of possessing cocaine in New Hampshire, WMUR reported.
Authorities said Chung, 32, knowingly possessed cocaine on June 25 while in Meredith.
Chung was indicted by a Belknap County grand jury on Aug. 8. His arraignment is scheduled for Aug. 28.
Chung has played for the Patriots for nine of his 10 NFL seasons, winning three Super Bowls during that time.
"We are aware of the reports regarding Patrick Chung. We will not be commenting while his judicial proceedings take place," Stacey James, vice president of media relations for the Patriots, said in a statement.
The NFL Players Association has no comment about the indictment.
Meredith police will not be commenting, per a request of the Belknap County Attorney's Office. Officials in that office are also not commenting about the indictment.
- Man doing yard work injured in gas explosion, fire official says
- Investigation concludes Madison police sergeant's behavior in incident was 'objectively reasonable'
- Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Phoenix home up for auction
- Milwaukee zoo visitors get first glimpse of red panda cub, Kiki
- Wisconsin DHS using Brewers stars to promote immunizations to Spanish speakers
- State Patrol schedules aerial enforcement in Dane County