MADISON, Wis. - The Nails' Tales sculpture outside Camp Randall Stadium is scheduled Wednesday for removal.
According to a UW-Madison news release, the sculpture's removal is part of the UW Field House South Plaza's upcoming redesign. Nails' Tales will be stored about 15 miles southeast of campus on university property.
UW-Madison will speak with campus and community stakeholders as well as the sculpture's artist, Donald Lipski, to determine a new site for the sculpture.
The release said contractors will start preparing the site Monday and continue working through the end of August to take down the sculpture's foundation and restore the site for other uses.
Reconstruction of South Plaza will begin in February 2020 and is set to be complete before the start of next year's football season.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- 'Doing nothing's not an option': State legislators and gun control activists rally for change
- Family displaced after apartment fire in Madison
- Middleton man arrested on sixth drunken driving charge
- Verona Parks Board approves Jesus Lunch event
- DeForest man charged with 5 counts of receiving child pornography
- Second Harvest Foodbank receives grant for Beloit school pantry