SAUK COUNTY, Wis. - One person was killed and multiple people were injured in a crash in Sauk County Tuesday, according to a press release from the Sauk Prairie Police Department.
Officials with the Sauk County Sheriff's Office told News 3 Now the two-car crash was reported at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday. The crash was on U.S. Highway 12 near County Highway PF.
Sauk Prairie Police said a white Chevy sedan traveling southboung on Highway 12 turned east onto Highway PF, into the path of a northbound Chevy SUV. The SUV hit the passenger side of the sedan.
The passenger in the sedan was extricated from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, according to a release.
The driver of the sedan was transported to the UW Hospital with serious injuries. The driver of the SUV was transported to the Sauk Prairie Hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries, the release said.
Police said everyone involved was wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash.
Investigators do not believe speed to be a factor in the crash.
All impacted traffic lanes were reopened around 8 p.m. Tuesday.
The names of the people involved are being withheld until family members are notified.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- DNR board: No buck-only counties for first time in decade
- Crews respond to reported gas leak near Fort Atkinson
- Conservation Congress rejects CWD bounties idea
- First wellness center dedicated to serving black women, girls to open in Dane County
- Salvation Army considers redevelopment on near east side, city leaders say
- SSM Health changes plan on South Park St. clinic location