MADISON, Wis. - A man was arrested Wednesday night after police said he threatened to shoot security guards at a Target store.
Officers were called to the Hilldale location at 750 Hilldale way just after 8:30 p.m. when a man was reportedly yelling and knocking items off store shelves.
Security officers at Target asked 39-year-old Benjamin Blunt to leave but he threatened to shoot one or both of the security officers, according to a release.
Blunt was arrested on tentative charges of disorderly conduct.
- Students discuss school security concerns
- Teacher, firearms instructor agree arming teachers is not the way to prevent school shootings
- Madison software company creates safety technology for school districts
- Officials arrest 16 in the investigation of drug distribution in Walworth County
- Sheriff: Person found dead in home after structure fire
- Police collect former head of Democratic Party's DNA in overdose death investigation