MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a home and several cars parked on the city's north side were damaged early Sunday morning.
A couple was on their way to bed around 2 a.m. Sunday, when they heard the sound of breaking glass, according to a release by the Madison Police Department.
A man grabbed a gun and a woman called 911, according to the release.
The couple spotted someone running down nearby Forster Drive. Police said two cars parked on Forster Drive had smashed windows and missing mirrors.
The vehicles had also been egged, according to the release.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Middleton Police Chief receives Hometown Hero Award
Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Local girl pays it forward with heartfelt donation
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017