MADISON, Wis. - A Stoughton man was arrested after an incident inside a downtown parking garage, police said.
Early Saturday morning, officers were on patrol inside the State Street Campus Garage when they noticed an interaction between a man and another person.
One of the men was holding a shiny object in his hand, which he moved inside his jacket and near the small of his back, police said.
According to a report by the Madison Police Department, the man looked out, saw the officers and asked his friend "are those cops?" before getting back into a car.
The man got out a short time later and walked out of the parking ramp with his friend.
Officers looked into the parked car and spotted a handgun handle sticking out from beneath the driver's side floor mat, according to the release.
Officers located the driver near State Street.
Dwayne J Pickens Jr., 31, of Stoughton, was arrested on charges of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
UW marching band to perform at Packers/Raiders game
Wisconsin BASE jumper who got stuck in cables arrested on suspicion of trespassing
- Wisconsin BASE jumper who got stuck in cables arrested on suspicion of trespassing
- Ex-Princess My Party performer says workers have gone months without pay; company says money ran out
- Security guard fired for asking student to stop calling him N-word by repeating slur seeks change
- As possible end to General Motors strike draws near, workers continue to picket
- PFAS found in Madison's four seasonal wells
- University of Wisconsin enrollment drops 2.6%