MADISON, Wis. - A 25-year-old Madison woman considered by police to be a "prolific" shoplifter was arrested at East Towne Mall on New Year's Eve with stolen clothing in her purse, police said.
The Madison Police Department had been looking for Paris L. Smith-Carr in connection with a felony theft of two iPads that took place on Christmas Eve at the Target on Junction Road, according to a release from the Madison Police Department.
Smith-Carr also has nine warrants in the system for her arrest in other retail theft cases.
The MPD officer who tracks similar cases said Smith-Carr is "one of the most prolific shoplifters" she has seen in her career.
Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison
- Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain all possible Thursday night
- Officers, K-9 search for masked bank robber in Madison
- Caretaker charged in death of disabled girl in Milwaukee
- UW System President responds to shared governance concerns
- EPA assesses apartment where potentially explosive chemicals found
- Police pepper spray man about to stomp on man during fight, officials say