MADISON, Wis. - One person was injured in a multi-vehicle crash on University Avenue in Madison Thursday morning.
Madison Fire Department spokeswoman Cynthia Schuster said a four-vehicle crash was reported at 10:03 a.m. on inbound University Avenue just west of Segoe Road.
Firefighter and EMS were dispatched to the area. One person was taken to the hospital with injuries, the fire department said.
To avoid traffic congestion, motorists were asked to find alternative routes as crews worked at the scene, Schuster said. The intersection was back open at around 11 a.m. The extent of the injured person's injuries wasn't immediately known.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Human remains found in burned down hunting shed, deputies say
- Pedestrian dies days after hit-and-run on Madison's north side
- City undertakes two major flood mitigation projects
- Dense fog to affect Monday morning commute
- ‘It's amazing': Community gets behind family's search for kidney match
- Annual Willy Street Fair continues for its 42nd year with community involvement