BARABOO, Wis. - Barbara Hablewitz, 86, and her son, Rick, 55, were found dead in their apartment last week on the 1000 block of 11th Street in Baraboo, according to a press release.
Officials said an officer was flagged down Saturday, Jan. 20, when patrolling the block by a new owner of an apartment complex who was unable to contact tenants.
After speaking to the owner and neighbors, police confirmed that the tenants had not been seen for an extended period of time, according to the release.
Police said they forcibly entered the residence after gaining permission and found the bodies.
According to officials, there are no signs of foul play. Autopsies found both deaths to be due to natural causes.
Nearly $35K raised for Beaver Dam residents displaced by controlled burn
Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Nearly $35K raised for Beaver Dam residents displaced by controlled burn
- Suspicious package found at Beloit Shopko does not contain threat, police say
- Consumer Reports: Best carpet cleaning machines
- Call for Action: Power company to cut down trees near lines instead of trimming them
- Wisconsin man sentenced in Iowa to prison for enticing minor
- 2 teens charged in central Wisconsin gun shop burglary