JANESVILLE, Wis. - Rock County deputies arrested a woman accused of driving under the influence with her children in the car.
Deputies were dispatched to 241 East Russell Road in Janesville on Friday for a disturbance, according to a release from the Rock County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies arrived to find family members confronting 42-year-old Jessica J. Nottestad for driving under the influence of alcohol with her children in the car.
Nottestad had just arrived home after picking her two children up from school, according to the release.
Deputies conducted an OWI investigation and arrested Nottestad or operating while intoxicated with a passenger under 16, Rock County Sheriff Troy Knudson said.
Nottestad had two prior convictions, making this her third offense, Knudson added.
Third offense OWI with a passenger under 16 is a felony in Wisconsin. Nottestad will be held in jail pending an initial court appearance.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Man arrested for robbing Fitchburg McDonald's
- Dispatch confirms traffic crash at Whitney Rd. and Raymond Rd.
- Crews responding to fire at apartment near UW campus
- Reedsburg Touched Twice Clinic gets families ready to go back to school
- Hot Dogs for Cool Cats promotes cat adoption from 9 Lives Rescue
- Stoughton coffee festival recognizes city's history of women in workforce