BELLEVILLE, Ill. - A mother and her two children luckily only had mild injuries after their car crashed into a utility pole in Belleville, Illinois, on Wednesday, the city's fire department said.
The crash happened on the 200 block of Lebanon Avenue around 3:45 p.m.
Firefighters said the pole ended up on top of the vehicle, but car seats made a difference in helping mitigate injuries.
- Middleton company looks to change wheelchair industry
- ‘It was built to last, and it will:' Following explosion, owners to restore Old City Hall
- Man tries to hide golf clubs under his hoodie during retail theft attempt
- Hikers catch rattlesnake on camera at Devil's Lake State Park
- UPDATE: Missing Dane County inmate found and arrested
- UPDATE: Dane County inmate who went AWOL arrested by authorities