A Montello man was sentenced Friday for repeated sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl.
The assault happened repeatedly between June and December of 2015. The victim said Shawn A. Berg, 42, made sexual contact with her almost weekly throughout the summer of 2015. She said Berg touched her inappropriately and made sexual contact with her several times.
According to a criminal complaint, Berg admitted to touching the victim inappropriately on five occasions.
Berg was sentenced to 30 years in the Wisconsin Prison System, with 15 years of confinement followed by 15 years under extended supervision.
He has been ordered to register and maintain compliance with the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry.
- Assembly to vote on juvenile prison overhaul
- Flooding warning for 8 southern Wisconsin rivers
- UW-Madison ranked first for Peace Corps
- Officials ID man with potentially explosive chemicals in apartment
- Blake Shelton is coming to Summerfest
- Crews respond to crash involving city bus on East Washington Avenue