SYLVESTER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Monroe woman was killed Wednesday afternoon when a truck crossed the centerline and hit her vehicle, Green County officials said.
Green County officials were notified around 2:05 p.m. of a two-vehicle crash in Sylvester Township on Highway 11/81 just west of Hartwig Road, according to a release.
A 2006 Mitsubishi truck, operated by 52-year-old Jeffery Knutson, of Janesville, was driving east on Highway 11/81 when the truck went across the centerline and hit a 2013 Honda Fit going west, investigators said.
The driver of the Honda, 55-year-old Elena Kauffman, was killed in the crash, according to the release. Knutson was taken to Monroe Clinic Hospital for minor injuries, according to the release.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts at the time of the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Deer trapped in ice saved by Pardeeville Fire Department
- 3 boys steal car that was warming up in driveway, crash it
- Pizza delivery driver bangs on customer's door to avoid being robbed
- Second-offense drunken driver T-bones car at John Nolen Drive, police say
- Homicide victim with 30 stab wounds found by mother, police say
- Double-pane window stops bullet from flying into gas station during shooting, police say