GREEN COUNTY, Wis. - A Monroe man died in a car crash Monday morning in what is Green County's first traffic fatality of 2019.
According to the Green County Sheriff's Department, dispatchers received a report of a single-vehicle crash on County Road P, just east of State Trunk Highway 69. The report said there was a lone occupant who was unresponsive in the vehicle, which was engulfed in flames.
Deputies were able to extinguish the vehicle fire, the release said.
A coroner pronounced 30-year-old Kyle L. Gumtow from Monroe dead at the scene.
According to the release, the vehicle, a Ford, was headed east on County P when it left the roadway and collided with a tree.
Investigators do not know if the driver was wearing a seat belt. Speed is believed to be a contributing factor in the crash.
Deputies said the crash is under investigation.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Alert issued for at-risk veteran missing from Eau Claire area
- Man, 2 children found dead inside Outagamie County home, police say
- Overture Center warns of people trying to sell 'Hamilton' tickets
- Police investigate lunchtime altercation at Berlin High School
- Natural gas leak causes mobile home evacuation Thursday
- Charges dismissed in fatal Uber crash in Milwaukee