MIDDLETON, Wis. - A Middleton sweets shop announced it will close this month.
The Chocolaterian Cafe said on its website that the store will be closing permanently on Aug. 18.
According to the cafe, "the fire and the 2 floods were too much for us to overcome."
The Middleton location remained open serving tweets and sweets for more than a year and a half after the Atwood fire, but record-breaking flooding in the area caused multiple road closures and evacuations in August 2018, affecting the business, owners said.
"The fire and the 2 floods were too much for us to overcome," the owners said on the website. "It has been a privilege to serve the Madison and Middleton communities for the last 7 years."
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Get holiday shopping done early this year to avoid tariffs
- NYT: Bank employees reported suspicious Trump, Kushner activity
- Mueller report proves some ‘fake news' scoops were very real
- Facebook collected 1.5 million users' email contacts without their knowledge
- Trump makes student loan cancellation automatic for disabled vets
- Lawmakers urge no new tariffs for European olive oil