JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Silver Alert for a missing Deerfield woman has been canceled after she was found safely in Illinois, officials said.
Law enforcement officers had contact with 64-year-old Kathleen Featherston Thursday before she was reported missing, according to a release. She was last seen around 11:50 p.m. on Thursday.
Featherston told officers she was homeless and was on her way to Rockford, Illinois, officials said. She was given a ride to the Janesville TA Travel Center, and arrived just before midnight. We was reported missing Friday around 7:30 a.m.
Featherston was found in Illinois and was being transported back to Deerfield, according to a press release by the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- Janesville area remains resilient as national chains close
- Hundreds turn out in Milwaukee for 2nd annual Women's March
- Suspect arrested in Wisconsin shooting that killed 2, hurt 1
- How WI senators voted on the government shutdown
- Potential Oscar nominee looks back on time at UW-Milwaukee
- Man dies in house fire in northeast Wisconsin