GREENFIELD, Wis. - A Milwaukee man is dead after falling out of a tree stand while hunting in Sauk County on Sunday.
The sheriff's office says 50-year-old Jacob Herr was wearing a safety harness, but it had not been attached to the tree.
A hunting companion found Herr's body at the base of the tree.
- Sprecher's Restaurant & Pub to drain taps, close Friday
- Armed robber leaves with money from Middleton Associated Bank, police say
- Downtown restaurant assists with vehicle fire, officials say
- Suspicious person reported at Marshall High School Monday, officials say
- DOC: Milwaukee prisoner escapes from a work site
- Cougar spotted on Brookfield porch, wandering southeastern Wisconsin