MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police say a 4-year-old girl found her father's handgun then accidentally shot him and herself, but both are expected to survive.
Police said Monday that they arrested the 33-year-old father because he lied about the circumstances of the shooting Sunday morning. Prosecutors are reviewing the case for possible charges.
Police say the father and his daughter were treated at hospitals and that their injuries are not life-threatening.
Police released no further details, including how the girl managed to get her father's gun. His name has not been released.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Madison woman hit by stray bullet in bedroom in overnight shooting
- Man accused of shooting on Madison's east side sentenced
- Say goodbye to CUNA Mutual's iconic round building. Here's why the company wants to tear it down.
- Dane County deputies launch investigation on possible missing donations at Henry Vilas Zoo
- Silver Alert issued for man who went missing in New Berlin
- Highway 14 near Oregon reopens following crash