MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee Brewing Co. is shaking things up with its newest limited edition brew, "We Just Want to Have a Good Time," a sparkly, purple glitter wheat ale.
The beer, which was first released last Friday, is a 5.0 percent wheat ale. It combines sweet orange peel and coriander seed with wheat malt and oats. According to a Facebook post, butterfly pea flower provides the purple color and there is edible glitter floating throughout the beer.
The beer is part of the brewery's "Brewer's Day Off" series, which provides two one-of-a-kind releases each month.
The purple glitter beer will be available on tap at MKE Brewing Tours and MKE Ale House while supplies last. A portion of beer sales at the Ale House will be donated to a nonprofit of the brewer's choice.
- State Patrol will deploy aerial speed enforcement on Columbia County interstates Wednesday
- Inmates escape from minimum security prison, officials say
- Witnesses, social media help police track down boy who reportedly punched teens
- Driver faces impersonating an officer charge after activating emergency lights on vehicle
- Fox Lake man faces 6th drunken driving charge after traffic complaint, officials say
- Body of missing La Crosse woman found in lake