LANCASTER, Wis. - A milk truck rolled over after the driver fell asleep at the wheel Tuesday morning near Lancaster, Grant County officials said.
Grant County deputies were called around 7:45 a.m. about a rollover crash on County Road K near Quarry Road involving a milk truck, according to a release.
Nicholas Drinkall, 23, of Mabel, Minnesota, was driving a 2016 Freightliner milk truck south on County Road K when he fell asleep just before going around a curve, investigators said.
The milk truck left the roadway, went down an embankment and turned over in a field, according to the release. Drinkall was not injured the crash.
The truck, owned by Finseth Milk Hauling, of Fountain, Minnesota, was a total loss, officials said.
Drinkall was cited for inattentive driving, according to the release.
Middleton Police Chief receives Hometown Hero Award
Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Mineral Point woman allegedly beaten by subcontractor after she refused to pay for incomplete job
- Local girl pays it forward with heartfelt donation
- 'They're in there helping the little guy': Janesville farmer explains how Farm Aid 2019 helps him
- 4 children, 1 woman injured when car hit horse and buggy
- Lodi Police Department names new chief, addresses plans for department
- Funeral set for Milwaukee officer, hit by driver in 2017