MIDDLETON, Wis. - Bloom Bake Shop in Middleton temporarily closed in December, but is now reopening June 1 with a new concept for book lovers, coffee cravers and cookie monsters alike.
Bloom is turning into Bloom Bindery, a cookie bakery, bookstore and coffeehouse all in one.
According to a Facebook post, with each cookie purchased, Bloom Bindery will support literacy initiatives in the community.
Owner Annemarie Maitri said during a trip to Portland in January she was able to think about what she wanted to do with the space, incorporating three things she loved.
"Three things we all love. Bringing people together over good food. Reading and a love of books," the post said. "And finally, it's always been about community for us."
Bloom Bindery is partnering with Mystery to Me Bookstore on Monroe Street. According to the post, owner Joanne Berg will bring a curated selection of books that will be available for retail purchases. There will also be guest author events, weekly story times and monthly book clubs.
Bloom Bindery will serve fresh cookies, ice cream cookie sandwiches, Just Coffee, Rishi tea, cocoa, local sodas and organic milk.
"I could not be more excited to share our next adventure with you," Maitri said.
- Police: 21-year-old man fatally shot in Milwaukee
- Motorcycle was speeding before crash on East Washington Ave., police say
- Torso, leg found in Mississippi River in southeast Minnesota
- GoFundMe page created in honor of Town of Madison officer
- Police: Fight involving 30 people reported on Madison's west side
- Wisconsin commercial fishing operations record numbers