COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - The Dane County Sheriff's Department has identified the victim of a deadly three-vehicle crash near Cottage Grove Sunday.
Jeffrey Benedict of Cottage Grove died in a multiple-vehicle crash near County Road AB and Highway 12 around 12:45 p.m. Sunday, the Dane County Sheriff's Office said in a release.
According to the release, a Dodge Ram truck was traveling north on the divided highway after stopping at a stop sign when it hit a Toyota Prius traveling west on Highway 12.
Deputies said the truck then spun and collided with a Buick Lucerne that was stopped at a nearby stop sign.
Benedict, 60, was airlifted to the hospital where he later died. According to the release, a preliminary autopsy showed that he died from injuries sustained in the crash.
A 20-year-old passenger in the Prius was also transported to a hospital with injuries that were not life-threatening, according to the release.
Westbound lanes of County Road AB and County Road N were closed while crews investigated the scene.
NCAA tournament: Purdue dominates Villanova, 87-61
Beaver Dam police investigating 'suspicious death' after shooting Saturday afternoon
- Deputies rescue 2 wailing bear cubs trapped in flooded den
- Experts warn Midwest flood risk may persist for months
- Judge refuses to throw out homicide case against baby sitter
- Milwaukee Archdiocese removes 2 archbishops' names from headquarters complex
- Canadian pipeline group spent $11M lobbying in Minnesota last year
- Superior joins $18M cleanup of Howards Bay contamination