MADISON, Wis. - A man called Madison police Thursday morning after he shot his gun because he thought someone was breaking into his home.
The man lives on Naylor Circle, which is on the city's west side.
There were no signs of entry into the man's home, according to a release by the Madison Police Department.
Officers said they found several rounds located inside the home. A neighbor's house was also damaged during the shooting.
Police said the man was placed in protective custody.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- Dane County releases analysis of jail population; 'stress test' conducted for inmate reductions
- A 'balancing act': Law enforcement explains split-second decision behind a high-speed chase
- Call for Action: Can scammers reach you via text? it happened to these local teachers.
- Stoughton construction limits access to local businesses
- Does Edgewood have a case against the city? Political science expert weighs in on lawsuit over field
- Edgewood High School president releases letter saying 'city left us no option' but to file lawsuit