MADISON, Wis. - A man suffered severe head injuries from a traffic crash in Madison on Saturday night.
According to the incident report, police responded to a crash on Aberg Avenue at Packers Avenue around 9:20 p.m.
Officials said the 41-year-old male motorcyclist was going westbound on Aberg Avenue when a 47-year-old woman pulled out in front of the motorcycle with her car.
Police said the incident caused a significant crash that threw the man over the car. Authorities said the man was not wearing a helmet. He was taken to a hospital, where he is still being treated for injuries.
The woman was arrested for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of intoxicant causing great bodily harm.
An investigation is ongoing.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
- UWPD hosts cook-off fundraiser replete with costumes, Mr. Food recipes
- Elderly veteran still missing after August disappearance
- Beloit seeks bike theft suspect, urges residents to lock up property after vehicle break-ins
- Middleton residents asked to take survey as city recruits next police chief
- Semi crash hampers morning traffic on John Nolen Drive in downtown Madison
- Scammers promote fake dinner for phony nonprofit at Madison events center