DARLINGTON, Wis. - The Darlington Police Department said a man crashed into the Dollar General on Highway 81 West Friday, destroying a Redbox machine and damaging the building.
Darlington police, fire and EMS were called to the store around 8:30 p.m. They found that 62-year-old Robin Fries had lost control of his van and hit the machine before slamming into the building.
The vehicle went through the concrete block exterior of the building and stopped with the front end inside the building.
No one was injured.
Fries was arrested for operating while under in the influence, failure to maintain control and reckless driving. He also faces charges of disorderly conduct, attempting to batter a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest.
Dollar General was closed Friday and Saturday as a result. No word on when it will reopen.
- Heavy rains swamp section of I-43 in Milwaukee area, strand several motorists
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin plans $265M expansion
- Brown County settles dispute over tarnished courthouse dome
- Milwaukee city leaders taking steps after rash of homicides
- Fatality confirmed in I-39/I-90 crash, dispatchers say
- Funding awarded to help control Great Lakes nutrient runoff