REEDSBURG, Wis. - A Green Bay man working at a construction site in Reedsburg was injured Monday after falling 22 feet from a roof, officials said.
Robert Ostrowski, 23, was working at the Viking Estates Complex at Viking Drive and Cottontail Lane Monday afternoon, according to a release.
Ostrowski was sweeping snow from the roof of a two-story apartment building when he slipped off the roof and fell to the ground, injuring his legs, police said.
Ostrowski had removed his safety tether to reach a section of the roof, according to the release. He was taken to Reedsburg Area Medical Center and then transferred to a Green Bay hospital.
Ostrowski works for Steve Fischer Construction of Sobieski, officials said.
The U.S. Department of Labor – Occupational Safety and Health Administration was notified of the incident.
- 2 interstate ramps in Rock County to be closed overnight, DOT says
- Black Hawk Middle School student sends threatening Snapchats, officials say
- Consumer Reports: Surprise causes of anemia
- Police warn about eating parade candy in New London
- Wisconsin Department of Health warns of mysterious Disease X
- UW students to install solar panels in Puerto Rico