EXETER, Wis. - A Brodhead man was injured after hitting a patch of ice and crashing his vehicle, according to the Green County Sheriff's Office.
William P. Arndt, 27, was driving on the N9300 block of State Highway 92 in the town of Exeter around 7:40 a.m. Thursday when the crash happened.
Deputies said the road was icy and Arndt lost control his his vehicle while negotiating a curve.
The Belleville Fire Department had to free Ardnt from his vehicle, according to a release by the Sheriff's Office.
Arndt told deputies he was wearing his seat belt. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to a local emergency room, the release said.
Arndt was cited on suspicion of operating a motor vehicle without insurance.
Traffic on State Highway 92 was shut down for about 30 minutes because of the crash.
Get your weather forecast from people who actually live in your community. We update with short, easy-to-use video forecasts you can watch on your phone every day. Download the iOS or Android app here.
Common council prepares to vote on Madison budget, discusses public safety amendments
Reedsburg city officials approve ordinance that bans vaping in public places
- Reedsburg city officials approve ordinance that bans vaping in public places
- UnityPoint Health no longer planning to merge with Sanford Health
- Trial underway for one of three men accused of killing 20-year-old in Fitchburg
- Assembly declares evergreen is Christmas tree
- Homeowner frustrated that man who burglarized his home continues to be let out of jail
- Assembly recognizes National Bible Week, drawing criticism from Freedom From Religion Foundation